Xubuntu 11.04, codenamed the “Natty Narwhal”, is the latest and greatest version of Xubuntu, released on April 28th, 2011. Building on the success of Xubuntu 10.10, Xubuntu 11.04 looks forward to continuing the tradition of being a light-weight and easy-to-use Linux distribution built on top of the high-quality and feature-rich core of Ubuntu.
To learn about all the great enhancements and improvements that can be found in Xubuntu 11.04, please see the release notes.
Get it while it’s hot. ISOs and torrents are available at:
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/11.04/release/ (Xubuntu)
- http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/11.04 (Ubuntu)
- http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/edubuntu/11.04/ (Edubuntu add-on)
- http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/kubuntu/11.04 (Kubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/11.04/ (UbuntuStudio)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/mythbuntu/releases/11.04/ (Mythbuntu)
More instructions are available on the download page.
Upgrading from Xubuntu 10.10
To upgrade to Xubuntu 11.04 from Xubuntu 10.10, follow these instructions.