Everyone can participate in the Xubuntu community on many levels, from simply giving advice to fellow Xubuntu users to becoming a maintainer of core packages. Any contribution, even the smallest one, is valued. We welcome everybody to improve Xubuntu and spread Free Software.
Here are some starting points for people who want to help shape the direction that Xubuntu takes:
- Join the Xubuntu-devel mailing list
- Join us in #xubuntu-devel on Freenode and participate in discussions
- Attend the Xubuntu community meetings
Once you are more familiar with the community, you can start to:
- Help create the Xubuntu Roadmap, especially in the Brainstorming phase
- Join and contribute to one or more of the many different teams of Xubuntu listed below
Different ways to contribute to Xubuntu
- Quality Assurance, including bug triaging and testing
- Support and Documentation
- Marketing, Promotion and Artwork
- Translation and Localization
- Development, including programming and packaging
Once you get started, you’ll also want to create an account at Launchpad and introduce yourself as well as your talents in the Xubuntu-devel mailing list. If you want to contribute to a specific part of the project, it’s a good idea to contact the appropriate team leader too – you can find the complete list of current leaders – and leadership positions open – at the Xubuntu wiki.
It’s also encouraged to create your own wiki page on the Ubuntu wiki to introduce yourself to the broader Ubuntu community as well as keep track of your contributions within the community.