If your native language is not English but you have really good English skills and are comfortable using software in English, you can make a huge contribution by helping to translate the Xubuntu applications into your native language. Even if you just translate a few lines you may make all the difference to someone in your own country who is just starting to learn about computers and Free Software.
- Contribute directly to the translation of projects featured in Xubuntu. Especially helping out with translating Xfce is recommended.
- Translate applications that are included in Ubuntu into your language using the web-based Rosetta translation system.
- Join the Ubuntu-translators mailing list to stay in touch with other Ubuntu translators.
- Translate documents written by the documentation team. This can also be done using Rosetta.
- Translate popular wiki pages within the wiki.
- In order to handle translation, fonts, and other issues, you should connect with your local community (LoCo) team.